Monday, May 6, 2013

Projects! Projects! Projects!

As some of you know I am currently achieving my Bachelor's Degree from Globe University. Yes, currently. That means besides the babysitting, the therapy hours, taking care of the kids and my handsome husband, I am also doing three on line classes. Internet Marketing, Marketing Research, and World Music.

I really enjoy these three classes, and I am learning a plethora of information on each specific subject. Each class also has one major project. A project that is worth hundreds of points. All three projects have specfic time lines, requirements, and due dates. All three projects have the exact same due dates! My first is fast approaching. It is Sunday. While for two of the projects this is a like the pre test of due dates, one is not. That project is on its second leg. The other two are just getting off the ground, and research is starting.

The first for my Marketing Research, and also the one I happen to be the furthest in. We have to conduct market research on our own on a subject, and then present the findings to our class. I chose "Coke Versus Pepsi". I am a Pepsi girl in a Coke family, and this rivalry is a big one! To me Coke taste like acid, and gives me heart burn. But why do others prefer that sickly acidy taste? Diet Coke- my mother's drink of choice- to me, in my humble opinion tastes like what I imagine embalming fluids to taste like. Appropriate because according to the Doctor I went to a couple years ago it has Aspartame in it. According to Dr. "C" Aspartame when drank rises to the body's temperature, and turns into formaldehyde. Which, guess what is used in embalming fluids. Gross!  I am not sure if this is true, but I do know when I cut out all things with aspartame, my headaches went a way.

Anyway enough of my tangent, I am not in biology-I passed that class back in December!Enough of my soap box! My market research is why an individual chose one  soft drink over the other. Why does Coke have such a large portion of the market? I finished writing my survey for that today. So one project deadline down! Two more to go!

My next class is World Music. For this one I am also interviewing parents. Parents of neurotypical children, and parents of children with Autism as well. I want to study to see if music has a calming affect on the children with Autism more so then a neurotypical child. I will be doing interviews for that also in the upcoming weeks and putting together a Music Ethnography. I am currently writing the proposal for this.

Lastly is Internet Marketing. For this class I had to start a new blog. Which I did, its connected to this one I believe. I named it the "Mass"ked Marketer. In the next couple days I will be posting my first entry on that blog. It is going to focus on Building Your Personal Brand through Social Media. If you have anything you want to add to this, tips, suggestions, constructive feed back, please let me know! My grade is based on the amount of traffic that is generated to the blog, and how many comments are there.

In a couple of days you can check here http://masskedmarketer.blogspot.com/ and see my post on how to build your personal brand.

If you want to participate in any of the other projects, please contact me to do so! I could absolutely use any and all help I can get!

1 comment:

  1. I see this article knowledgeable and helpful that could make my marketing strategy more creative. Thank you for this article one of the original that I have read.<a href="http://www.youtube.com/user/TeamMassiveAction1</a>

    ReplyDelete